Sunday, August 3, 2014

Believing What God Promised!

I had a moment of weakness today. My son has eczema, and he is going through a tough breakout this weekend. Usually, this wouldn't bother me as much because if it got too bad for over-the-counter creams, I would swing him by the doctor and get some meds...however, since I went part-time, I have lost my insurance benefits. I was frustrated because I know God spoke divine healing and health over my family, yet, here my son is with a bad breakout today. After my weak moment, I felt like crying. I was upset, guilty, etc. I know better than this, but I just had a moment.

I think I was having an issue because I spend all day on yesterday looking at health insurance plans, and everything is SO expensive. I tell ya, I just felt defeated. Did I make a mistake by going part-time? I thought sure I heard from the Lord on this. I had so much peace about it... until I saw the prices of insurance plans for myself and my family. I felt sick to my stomach. God, how in the WORLD are we supposed to afford this? I just didn't understand it all. I know I need to take it to God... I know this. And I will... I just couldn't react the way I wanted to on yesterday and today because my hubby and son were sitting there staring in mu face. But as soon as my son falls asleep tonight, you better believe I will be laid out on my face in worship. I feel it. Even in church today, I felt like just spending time with Him.

I was getting my son ready for bed tonight and I mentioned to him that we were going to pray for his healing from eczema tonight. He asked what I would pray for, and I told him complete healing, that he doesn't itch, and that his breakouts would go away. He says, "But mom, that's impossible!" And I instinctively said, "With God, all things are possible! God can do anything!" And then I was EXTREMELY convicted because as soon as the words came out of my mouth, I heard the Holy Spirit say, "Do YOU believe that?"

I want to believe... Lord, help my unbelief! As my son and I prayed tonight, I thought about the promise of diving healing and health that God spoke during the time He told me to go part-time. If God said it, why in the world and I struggling with this? At this very moment that I am typing this, I have decided to expect miracles! I don't know how, or when, but God is going to do what He promised. I ask right now that the Lord strengthen me... for when I am weak, He is strong! His word cannot return to Him void...

2 Corinthians 1:20
For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.

This is me... believing what God promised!

No comments:

Post a Comment