Saturday, August 2, 2014

90 Day Bible Challege

I started a bible reading challenge on yesterday. For the next 90 days, I have agreed to do the following:


  • Read selected scriptures daily.
  • Pray/Read/Meditate/Study for at least two hours out of the day.
  • Fast every Wednesday from 6am-12pm.
  • Post a discussion/blog every Friday about any challenges, concerns, revelations that I have received that week.


Seems easy enough, since most of this we should be doing on our own anyway. But I tell you, I have an issue with follow-through. I can't tell you how many things I have started and stopped for no specific reason other than I was tired of doing it. Let's hope that this time will be different. I want to commit to it... but I know myself. I am hoping to push through the thoughts of stopping this time. I mean, Jesus said no one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God. So many of my toes were stepped on in that one statement. Help me Lord Jesus... I want to commit myself to this. Hopefully, this challenge will jump start a lifelong journey of reading and spending time with God every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment