Monday, January 12, 2015

Submissive


Some of the BEST advice the Holy Spirit has ever given me came one day (years ago) after my hubby and I had a “discussion” that got a little heated… I immediately went to our bedroom and closed the door. Crying out to God, I said, “God, did You hear what he said to me!!!?!?!?!???!!!!” I was SOOO angry because my hubby wouldn’t do what I told him to do… As I prayed ABOUT my husband, I had this conversation with the Lord…

Holy Spirit: The only thing with two heads is a monster.

Me: Wait…what?

Holy Spirit: (complete silence)

Me: (with the stank face) What’choo mean, Lord?

Holy Spirit: Let him lead… he is your head.

Me: (blank stare)… but…

Holy Spirit: (brings scripture back to my remembrance) 22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. 24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

Me: (complete silence… heart broken, convicted) Lord, help me!

Holy Spirit: Pray FOR your husband, not about him. Submit to him, as is required. Mind your business, and let the Father turn his heart. A heart change is required, and only God can do that. God holds the heart of the king in His hands… and like water, He can turn it whichever way He pleases (Proverbs 21:1).

 

Ladies, this is some of the most humbling words the Lord has ever spoken to me… it keeps me in line when I want to grab him around the neck and choke him, lol… and just as the Lord said, He has turned my husband’s heart… we RARELY argue/fuss. He treats me well. We get on each other’s nerves, but we are IN love… and we are In Christ…together! TGBATG!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment