Monday, July 28, 2014

Challenged In My Thinking

Have you ever prayed about something and forgot what you asked for? Years ago, I remember asking God for a position at work that would be created just for me... asking for my own office. Today, years after I prayed that prayer, I found myself walking that prayer out. Even though it took years to manifest, it still happened...

This made me wonder... what other prayers have I prayed and have given up on because it took too long? I mean, are there random prayers hanging out there that I have forgotten about? What happens to prayers that we think God never heard? How does God keep us encouraged as we wait for Him to make things appear? I have so many questions... yet, I feel at peace with what God is doing. Is it okay for me to have questions about God and His process? I can remember being reared to never ask God questions because if you question something, that means that you don't believe.

I am beginning to think that line of teaching may not be true in all cases. I understand how it appears that questioning something can look like unbelief. But, I can also see where asking questions is a way of trying to get a better understanding. I only know a little about God, but I don't see Him being peed off about me asking a question or two. I think He is big enough to handle a little question from me, right? I know there are things about God and His plan that I can't possibly understand, but I believe God also beckons us to come closer... and I am sure that he expects us to question things, not out of disbelief, but out of pure wonder and amazement! I am really starting to rethink everything that I was ever taught about God... sometimes I think that God wants this to happen so that we can begin to seek Him with a clean slate. Learn about Him from scratch. What could possibly be wrong with that? I'm being challenged to seek God for everything...

This is me... BEING... challenged in my thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment